Vampire Game
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:38:43 AM »

Mangaka: Judal
No. of volumes: 15
Scanlator: Cat Chan Scans
Genre: shoujo comedy crossdressing romance adventure fantasy
Rating: 9.5/10

SUMMARY
Many many years ago Saint Pheliosta and his life long enemy the "Vampire King Duzell" had risked their lives in a duel in which both of them died. 1000 years later, King Duzell seeks revenge for his death by figuring out who Pheliosta's reincarnation among his many relatives and kill him off himself once again. There is just one tiny (ok, humongous) problem, Duzell was reincarnated as a fuzzy wuzzy cat and what's worse is that Pheliosta's great granddaughter took him in as a house pet.  :violent1: So now the Vampire Game begins right after King Duzzy actually gets his real form back.  :love5:

Comment:
A new twist into the story of vampires. The story is very refreshing, the characters are unpredictable, King Duzzy is sooo cute as a cat and what's not to like about a leading female character who has spunk. I could have rated this manga 10/10 if not for the ending.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I mean they ended it well if you liked the guy who she ends up with (I won't spoil it for you, just read it and find out) but I really wanted *ahem this cute little guy for her to end up with. Ahhh mangakas why oh why must you give me a heartbreak.

Well ignore my last comment and read this manga already. It won't disappoint you
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:29:14 AM by goldlilys »

Offline nianna_angel

• Gold Member
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Game
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:05:04 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ahhh!!!! you mean she doesn't end up with Duzzy but instead with her captain? NOOO!!!!! I want Duzzy to end up with Ishtar!!!

Avoid spoilers nianna, you don't want to ruin it for everyone now do you?  :angel10: -- goldlilys
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:33:49 AM by goldlilys »

Offline Sunako

• Copper Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Game
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
Duzell in kitty form was super-cute, especially when he had that annoyed look on his face, because the Princess was being her usual annoying/endearing self.

The ending really did suck, but yes, I agree with you-- great fun, and a nice twist on the usual vampire cliches.  I don't like how Vampires are almost always depicted in a super-serious, furrowed-eyebrows kind of way.