News

Registration temporarily closed till I catch up. If you are not spam, be patient!

Topic: Hello, fellow manga-lovers!  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Sunako

• Copper Member
    • View Profile
Hello, fellow manga-lovers!
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »
Thank you, Goldlilys and everyone who's uploaded and who's made this site the great resource and community it is.

I've discovered lots of new series, and being someone who likes print media (smelling the ink on the pages, and actually turning pages), I have spent tons of $$$ at Amazon and Powells.com after I discovered some of these mangas.   (Everybody seems to think that the U.S. will slide into a recession, but perhaps, since I'm spending all my disposable income at these places, at least these 2 companies will have good profit numbers....)  :icon_flower:

Anyways, I've been reading manga for the past 5yrs and I hope I never stop.  Some of my favorite series are "Wild Ones/Arakure", "Love Attack," "Perfect Girl Evolution", and the manwha "Bring It On!"  Good to see some strong girls being depicted in manga.   :icon_thumleft:

Cheers!

Offline goldlilys

• Ruby Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Goldlilys Media Gallery
Re: Hello, fellow manga-lovers!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:44:03 PM »
Welcome Sunako-chan  :hello:

I only have a small collection of mangas/manhwas in my room (mostly the ones that aren't being scanlated and shoujo). I mostly buy collector items of my favorite manga / anime / dramas though in Amazon, Ebay and YesASIA.

Since you like strong female characters in the storyline, I recommend reading Hot Blooded Woman, Basara, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Skip Beat, Vampire Game, Vanilla Ice, Immortal Rain, Operation Liberate Men, Saiunkoku Monogatari (well never read the manga, but the main female character in the anime is smart and strong), Legend of Nereid, Red River / Anatolia Story and many more, but these are the best ones for me.

Offline s2012

• Copper Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:42:05 AM »
I'm new here^^
but I love this site vey much. I want to download MANY manga, since I can't buy it

Offline Nani?

• KNOWLEDGE is INFECTIOUS, so SPREAD the TRUTH
  • Silver Member
  • Global Moderator
  • "and she was beautiful. . ."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:19:10 PM »
Welcome!

its always nice to see the love of manga [and strong female characters]
  :fyi:

Offline azurion

• Copper Member
  • Yay Hinata!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »
Hi! I'm someone who loves the feel of pages, but I make do with downloading all the free stuff I can find. Paper doesn't grow on trees, ya know? >_>