Topic: Site Currently Down for 2012  (Read 11091 times)

Offline goldlilys

• Ruby Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Goldlilys Media Gallery
Site Currently Down for 2012
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »
Hello everyone. Sorry for the troubleshooting, but the main site is currently down for maintenance ... or more like while trying to optimize the site, I completely screwed something up and need to fix. This may take awhile so giving you guys a heads up.  -_-"

Hopefully this gets fixed as it was before or will have to update the site completely from scratch and that may take a few months. OMG sorry everyone.

Reason: Was trying to make the site faster especially for logged in users. The more contents and users the site keeps getting, the slower it got. More likely need to upgrade Goldlilys Media Gallery once again. Please give me time to do that. I know that will mean losing some visitors for a while, but do come back when the site is ready to go again. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:21:59 AM by goldlilys »

Offline goldlilys

• Ruby Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Site Currently Down for 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »
Yup, server upgrade is done. But the database for my the site is pretty much corrupted. This means I would have to redo the backend and frontend parts of the site once again. Please stay tuned for more updates about the changes.

Not moving servers, but the actual site needs a lot of work and trying to make it load faster for both anonymous users as well as logged in visitors. This will be my project for the holidays. I'm currently swamped with work projects so I won't be able to start on this till December and probably won't be done till beginning of next year.

Very very sorry everyone. Hey hoping here for more people to participate in the forums while I'm working on the site. Need some encouragement and cheers  :-[  ;)  :) ^O^ my many faces of confusion ... Please stay tuned ...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:50:41 PM by goldlilys »

Offline goldlilys

• Ruby Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »
Alright, seems I'm able to restore the previously saved database. However, I cannot seem to edit anything without crashing the site. Therefore, no new updates until I completely upgrade the site again. Well, it has been 2 years since the last site upgrade (last one was 2010). For most of my loyal visitors, you guys should expect this by now.

I'm a web developer so have to catch up with the new web trends.

Offline goldlilys

• Ruby Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 01:12:30 AM »
Alright I keep changing my mind. Since I haven't updated the site for awhile now, I'll make sure to upload the latest manga volumes for the ones already up or already in my list. Once this task is done, no new updates till after the website upgrade.