News

Registration temporarily closed till I catch up. If you are not spam, be patient!

Topic: Nana  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Marma

• Bronze Member
    • View Profile
Nana
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:25:08 AM »
Hi i'm watching Nana !! it's a pretty good anime i like it very much (even if i haven't watch many ...). Now i have watch the 25 first but unfortunately i can't watch the others i will have to wait until they are in DVD ( i began to watch when they weren't "exit" ->aw i don't remenber the word to say that in english !!, and now it is licensed-> i don't know either if this word exist !! lol)
Have you watch it ?
What do you think about it ?
do you know if i can find it somewhere (even in english )?
Is this "series" available in the us ?
bye  :hello:

Offline pauline5765

• Ruby Member
  • Global Moderator
  • arf arf~
    • View Profile
Re: Nana
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »
I love nana too  :love5:

the story's really interesting...

I wasn't able to watch the others too...  :crybaby2:
coz it's raw... there's no english subs/dubs...
ack!  BUT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A THING!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:35:57 PM by pauline5765 »

Offline LTSapphire

• Leora Tallis Sapphire
  • Gold Member
  • Global Moderator
  • freshman again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »
Ehhh, I can't seem to bring myself to watch this particular anime. It's just... I dunno. It looks depressing. I like happy plots.

Offline Nani?

• KNOWLEDGE is INFECTIOUS, so SPREAD the TRUTH
  • Silver Member
  • Global Moderator
  • "and she was beautiful. . ."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:24:40 AM »
HAPPIE PLOTS FOR THE WIN!
However I watch Nana too. I haven't been watching recently, so I wouldn't know if you can still get it though o.o

Offline BillieArm

• Copper Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 05:55:05 AM »
I don't really like this one. I haven't looked at the anime yet but the art scares me. ^_^;

Offline baby girl1

• Pebble
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »
Hi i'm watching Nana !! it's a pretty good anime i like it very much (even if i haven't watch many ...). Now i have watch the 25 first but unfortunately i can't watch the others i will have to wait until they are in DVD ( i began to watch when they weren't "exit" ->aw i don't remenber the word to say that in english !!, and now it is licensed-> i don't know either if this word exist !! lol)
Have you watch it ?
What do you think about it ?
do you know if i can find it somewhere (even in english )?
Is this "series" available in the us ?
bye  :hello:

i watc hthis anime i love it. its depressing but good. i liek how it focus in "love" is somethig nwe c on everyday live tha tthe girl get blinded by love nad c nothign but the guy she fell for. i got to say the ending suck. i dont wanna spoil it but i gotta say. nana havea baby and every year everybody get together in the apart teh 2 nana rented. but you gotta read the manga cuz it even talk about when nana mother left her and she havea an identical sister teh love her as an artist. i havent read  the whole manga cuz hte artist got sick so hte next volume is coming out on december. and yes you can watch the anime in english just go TO  VEOH.COM  IF U GOT ANY QUESTION JUTS EMAIL ME AT MINDIH87@AOL.COM

Offline goldlilys

• Ruby Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Goldlilys Media Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 10:15:29 PM »
I'm not bothering to watch the anime nor read the manga since I watched both of the movies Nana 1 and 2. They are really good adaptations in my opinion. And Mika Nakashima is really good playing the punk Nana. Anyone else seen the movie for Nana?

Yah, if you can't stand the sadness of this manga, just watch the movie because it stars a lot of cool Japanese actors like the guy who played as Ryoma for Prince of Tennis >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongo_Kanata and the guy who played as L in Death Note >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken%27ichi_Matsuyama . Amazingly they both played the same character in Nana 1 and 2.

Offline Sunako

• Copper Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:51:06 AM »
I've been reading the manga, and I've only seen the 1st movie-- I agree that it's pretty faithful to the manga.

I do like Nika Nakashima's portrayal of the punk Nana (Oosaki).  The music's pretty good, too.   When I was reading the manga, and heard about the movie, I did wonder how they were going to do the music for the movie and whether it'd actually fit.

I want to like Nana Komatsu and yet, her naive, cluelessness really gets on my nerves.  It's the sort of naivete you'd see in the really cutesy shoujo stuff starring some 15-yr old highschooler, but it just seems so appallingly stupid in someone who's done with high school, an art college dropout, the former lover of a married man, and who's had a string of jobs already.  And yet-- it's the stuff of real life-- the sweet, stupidly naive people (both male and female) who are temperamentally like Nana Komatsu tend to attract the parasitic, strong, and manipulative types like Takumi, who know that they'll always be able to keep the Nana Komatsus of the world under their thumb.  So yes, it is depressingly like real life in some aspects.

But at least, I can cheer on Nana (Oosaki) and Ren!